Biofiner is an aerobic fixed-bed microbial treatment system that uses floating carriers with excellent treating capacity.
High-load operation has been achieved by using carriers that can retain (immobilize) microorganisms in high concentration (with a smaller aeration tank).
- Because microorganisms in the biological reaction (aeration) tank can be retained in high concentration, compared with standard active sludge (suspension) processes Biofiner
- uses a smaller biological reaction (aeration) tank, as higher-load operation is possible,
- does not require return sludge,
- generates a smaller amount of sludge, and
- is immune to load fluctuations.
- Because air passes through the randomly filled carriers, the oxygen absorption rate is relatively high. This lowers the aeration energy cost.
- The carriers float and move slowly during aeration, eliminating concern about clogging. This also eliminates the need for backwashing.
- The carriers have a filtering effect and capture filamentous bacteria, etc., thereby preventing bulking.
- No sludge return is required and no bulking takes place, facilitating operation management.
Wastewater treatment facility by microbial treatment such as food and confectionery industries, pharmaceutical industries, brewing factory etc.